Open Position: Communications and events Manager 2023 1
Open position: Communications and Event Manager
About EIT Culture & Creativity
EIT Culture & Creativity is an initiative of the European Institute of Innovation and Technology (EIT). We are a
Knowledge and Innovation Community designed to strengthen and transform Europe’s Cultural and Creative
Sectors and Industries (CCSI) by connecting creatives and organisations to Europe’s largest innovation
For the next 7 years, EIT Culture & creativity will:
• empower and connect creatives and innovators across Europe and contribute to a more resilient,
more sustainable, and transformational sector.
• unlock latent value from a multitude of small cultural and creative stakeholders through technology
transfer, improved cross-sectoral collaboration and their effective integration in production value
• strengthen artistic driven innovation as an indispensable part of the European Innovation Ecosystem.
• reinforce the appreciation and anchoring of European values, and identities.
• harness the unique position of the cultural and creative industries to facilitate Europe’s Green, Digital
and Social transitions.
EIT Culture & Creativity’s journey begins in 2023. We are building a multi-stakeholder, culturally diverse, and
inclusive organisation to support a vibrant Innovation Community for the creative and cultural industries.
Are you up for a challenge?
Specifications of the Communications and Events Manager position
EIT Culture & Creativity is looking for a talented and experienced Communications and Events Manager. You
will partner with the Chief Communication and Engagement officer (CCO) to develop and implement a robust
communications and engagement strategy which will help bolster EIT Culture & Creativity brand, image and
reputation through consistent messaging and innovative communication methodologies.
As you will be involved in building up an organisation from scratch you will be providing exceptional capacities
to work both at strategic and operational level in a fast-paced environment. In this position, you will contribute
to the design of the communication strategy and will produce high-quality content that engages our targets
audiences and builds brand recognition accordingly. You will oversee the implementation of EIT Culture &
Creativity brand guidelines, and will provide creative input to develop marketing and promotional materials
including website contents, publications, newsletters, fact sheets, press materials, social media, etc. You will
also take responsibility to the organisation of EIT Culture & Creativity events, which may take place in different
European locations. You will contribute to the assessment and selection of service providers that will support
EIT Culture & Creativity’s communication activities and events during its first years.
The ideal candidate is a self-starting creative and vibrant person, excellent communicator, with brilliant
presentation and organizational skills.
Main areas of responsibility
• Formulate and execute communication strategies that strengthen and promote EIT Culture &
Creativity brand and disseminate communications content to key audiences and stakeholders.
• Plan strategic communications campaigns that will help further organizational goals and define key
performance indicators to monitor their success.
• Oversee design, contents and messaging in communication, marketing and event materials, including
the website and video and audio content.
• Ensure compliance to EIT Culture & Creativity brand guidelines and provide training and support to
internal teams on its implementation.
• Prepare detailed media activity reports.
• Overseeing event management and planning from concept to execution of online and in-person
events that will encourage and bring together wide European participation and increase EIT Culture &
• Partner with and manage external providers supporting the communication and events activities (e.g.,
media services, web maintenance, copy correction, audiovisual services, venues, catering, etc.)
• Other assigned duties and responsibilities as needed.
You are an experienced “Communications Manager” looking for a new challenge. Your competencies include:
• Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Psychology, Business, Marketing, or another related field.
• Minimum 4 years of demonstrable experience in communication and event management.
• Experience in communication, dissemination, and engagement strategies in the context of EU funded
projects (e.g., Horizon Europe, EIT).
• Experience on content development, social media management and web-based applications.
• Success in communications and outreach (writing and press coverage samples required) in English
• Proficiency in English verbal and written communication and presentation.
• Knowledge of and experience within the Cultural and Creative Sectors and Industries (CCSI), as well as
innovation and entrepreneurship ecosystems.
• Excellent problem solving and decision-making ability.
• Experience of developing and delivering new ideas and processes, proactively and independently.
• Excellent planning and organisation skills and excellent at stakeholder management.
By the closing date of this call candidates must be a national of an EU Member State or have a working permit
valid to work in Germany.
The position is based in EIT Culture & Creativity head offices in Cologne, Germany. Flexible remote working
arrangements to be negotiated.
No relocation expenses are assigned.
What we offer
An exciting and challenging position with career development opportunities in a fast-growing multinational,
culturally diverse and inclusive organisation.
Full-time position available for immediate hire. The latest starting date is 1.7.2023.
You will get a permanent contract with a probationary period of 6 months.
Diversity & Inclusion
EIT Culture & Creativity aspires to be an equitable and inclusive community. We nurture an open culture,
where everyone is supported to fulfil their potential. We see inclusivity of talent as the basis of our success,
and the diversity of perspectives and people as a highly valued outcome. EIT Culture & Creativity provides
equal opportunities to all employees and applicants regardless of gender identity or expression, sexual
orientation, religion, ethnicity, age, neurodiversity, functional impairment, citizenship, or any other aspect
which makes them unique. We look forward to welcoming you to our community.
How to apply
To apply, please submit by no later than 31.03.2023, 10 am CET to email@example.com
• Europass CV
• Motivational letter describing what attracts you to this role and what would make you a strong
• Your salary expectations
• The earliest starting date
Format: Save your CV and motivational letter in one single file in PDF format.
File name: Name the file according to the model “EITC&C_CoM_first name_last name”. For example, Maria
Novak would name the file, EITC&C_CoM_Maria_Novak.
Email title: The subject field should read “CoM2023”.
Send to: Send your completed application to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Bewerte diesen Job und hilf uns baito zu verbessern
Unterstütze uns, indem du bei deiner Bewerbung auf baito verweist