Fraunhofer MEVIS is a world-leading and internationally connected research center for computer assistance in medicine. With 140 employees, we conduct patient-centered research tailored to clinical processes in order to work together with our clinical partners on the digital medicine of the future.
What you will do
You will work as a software developer dealing with backend (Python & Lua) and/or frontend (VueJS) tasks on a software platform for magnetic resonance imaging. The software was initially designed as a research prototype and will now be prepared for use as a medical device. To this end, you will be significantly responsible for the software design of the platform with modern technology stack, contemporary architecture concepts and software quality standards. You will work closely with the experts from MRI physics and can draw on extensive expertise in software development at MEVIS.
What you bring to the table
- a very good master's degree in computer science or a related subject
- solid previous experience in the development of large software projects with backend and frontend components
- practical experience in applying modern software design patterns and testing methods
- the strong motivation to work professionally in software development and to continuously improve one's skills
- ability to work independently on projects and in teams
- very good English language skills
Further advantages would be
- experience in professional development of software as a medical device and knowledge of regulatory requirements according to ISO 13485 and IEC 62304
- experience around DevOps techniques (esp. containerization, automation, CI/CD)
- knowledge of medical imaging techniques, ideally experience in magnetic resonance imaging
What you can expect
You will work in a young interdisciplinary institute with flat hierarchies and a variety of training and development opportunities. You can freely arrange your working hours within the framework of our trust-based working hours model and work from home if desired.
The position is initially limited to 2 years.
The weekly working time is 39 hours. The position can also be filled on a part-time basis.
We value and promote the diversity of our employees' skills and therefore welcome all applications - regardless of age, gender, nationality, ethnic and social origin, religion, ideology, disability, sexual orientation and identity.
Appointment, remuneration and social security benefits based on the public-sector collective wage agreement (TVöD).
With its focus on developing key technologies that are vital for the future and enabling the commercial utilization of this work by business and industry, Fraunhofer plays a central role in the innovation process. As a pioneer and catalyst for groundbreaking developments and scientific excellence, Fraunhofer helps shape society now and in the future.
Interested? Apply online now. We look forward to getting to know you!
If you have any specific questions regarding this position, please feel free to contact:
Dr. Daniel Hoinkiss
Fraunhofer Institute for Digital Medicine MEVIS
Requisition Number: 46645 Application Deadline: